Just 200m from Kalamitsi Beach
The region of Sithonia Chalkidiki is a wonderful vacation destination for all types of visitors. Its marvellous beaches and beautiful countryside make it an idyllic setting for relaxing and carefree moments. Located on the southeastern coast of the peninsula is the seaside resort of Kalamitsi, a settlement well-known for its lovely sandy beach and lush hillside. On this page, you are provided with Chalkidiki travel information that will assist you during your stay at the Nine Muses studios and apartments.
Sithonia Sightseeing & Attractions
During your stay at the Nine Muses Hotel in Kalamitsi Halkidiki, we recommend touring the region, starting off with the sites located close to Kalamitsi, such as the windmills and ancient temple ruins in Sykia, and the castle ruins, the ruins of the ancient city, and Agios Athanasios Basilica in Toroni.
We also suggest touring the rest of the prefecture to visit:
- the traditional village of Parthenonas, the Porto Carras complex, and the pine area of Psaria, which are located a short distance from Neos Marmaras
- the Paleo-Christian Basilica in Nikiti
- the small islands off the coast of Vourvourou village
Kalamitsi, Sithonia Beaches
Just 200 meters from the Nine Muses Hotel in Kalamitsi Halkidiki is the dazzling beach of Kalamitsi, a sandy beach ideal for swimming and sunbathing. The nearby areas, such as Klimataria, Kriaritsi, Sarti and Sykia, also have wonderful beaches. If you want to visit some of the beaches on the western and northeastern coasts of Sithonia, we suggest the beaches of Azapiko, Banana, Diaporti, Elia, Kalogria, Karydi, Kavourotripes, Kortesa, Paradissos and Toroni.
From the Nine Muses Halkidiki Hotel in Kalamitsi Halkidiki visitors have easy access to the following destinations:
- ‘Macedonia’ Airport (Thessaloniki):
150 km (taxi fare: € 75)
- Thessaloniki Port: 164 km
- Sarti Town: 15 km (taxi fare: € 10)
- Neos Marmaras Town: 35 km
- Kalamitsi Beach: 200 meters
- Kriaritsi Beach: 3 km
- Super Market: 200 meters
- Bus Stop: 500 meters
To reach Chalkidiki, you should travel by airplane, boat, train, bus or car to Thessaloniki and from there take the bus to your chosen destination in Chalkidiki.
For the timetables of flights and routes, contact the proper authorities:
- "Macedonia" Airport (Thessaloniki): Tel. +30 231 985−000 and +30 2310 473-212
- Thessaloniki Port: Tel. +30 2310 531−505
- Thessaloniki Train Station: Tel. +30 2310 517−517 to 18
- Thessaloniki Bus Station: Tel. +30 2310 924−4444
- Polygyros Bus Station: Tel. +30 23710 22309
- Athens International Airport ‘Eleftherios Venizelos’: Tel. +30 210 353−0000
- Piraeus Port: Tel. +30 210 414−7800
- Athens Train Station: Tel. +30 210 529−7777
- Athens Bus Station: Tel. +30 210 515−4800